When it comes to chiropractic care, most people think of repairing spinal joints. While spinal manipulations are common in chiropractic, many people do not realize that any joint in the body can benefit from chiropractic manipulation.
What Are Joints?
You may have felt the achy pain of a swollen or injured joint. But do you really know much about hose joints that are causing so much discomfort? Joints are that space between bones where one bone meets the other. It is this space that allows that part of your body to move easily. But, when these joints get aggravated, they can become stiff and painful, or they may not move much at all!
What Cause Joints to Stop Working Properly?
There are a few things that can keep your joints from working properly; thus creating all kinds of problems for your muscles, and ligaments too. Trauma is a major cause of joint problems. Any type of trauma can cause joints to swell and cause pain. Maybe you were in a car accident; or simply fell. Or maybe you suffer from repetitive movement joint pain. Worse yet, maybe an auto-immune disease like rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are causing your discomfort. It doesn’t matter what is causing your joint pain; chiropractic care is a natural way to find healing.
How Can Chiropractic Help Joint Pain?
When joint pain has started to limit how much you can move, a trip to the chiropractor can help to restore movement and alleviate discomfort. By using a variety of therapy methods, the chiropractor can heal the underlying cause of the joint issues being experienced and reduce inflammation to restore normal movement.
Some of the most common ways that a chiropractor can help ease joint pain include:
- Manipulation: one of the most common forms of chiropractic care revolves around joint manipulation to help restore normal function to the area.
- Ultrasound Therapy: by using sound waves to massage the affected area, the chiropractics can reduce inflammation and stiffness in damaged joints.
- Trigger Point Massage: applying gentle pressure to the joint is a softer way to manipulate severe joint problems. This can be used in place of, or in conjunction with, standard manipulations.
- Laser Therapy: the use of cold light helps reduce swelling and pain.
- Exercise and Stretching: by developing an individualized program for the patient, the chiropractor can use simple exercises and stretching movements to help ease discomfort and repair injuries.
How Do Chiropractic Manipulations Help?
Chiropractors use joint manipulations to help restore mobility to joints. Treatment begins with a simple x-ray to how the doctor what is causing the joint problems, followed by calculated motions that help manipulate the joint back into place. Most manipulations are done by hand, but sometimes a specialized instrument is also used.
A safe and all-natural way to deal with joint pain, chiropractic services offer a non-invasive therapy option for those who do not want to rely on heavy duty drugs; surgery; or other invasive treatment methods. Considered the third largest primary healthcare profession used in the U.S. today, chiropractics is even touted by The Arthritis Foundation as an effective method of treating any cases of arthritis.
Finding Help in Norwalk CT
Looking for Norwalk CT chiropractic services to help with our joint pain? Contact the doctors at Slovin Chiropractic Center, located on Main Ave., in Norwalk CT at 1-888-840-1550 or check out their website at www.drslovin.com to learn more about how chiropractics can help alleviate your pain and restore proper movement to all of your affected joints.