10 Reasons You Need a Gonstead Chiropractic Cervical Adjustment
Whether your neck pain is recent or long-term, a cervical adjustment can help resolve the issues that come from pain in this part of the spine. Not all symptoms are apparent, either. Some of them come on immediately, while others wait years to tackle you down. Therefore, a Gonstead chiropractic neck adjustment is your best bet for a safe and complete recovery.
Why Get a Gonstead Cervical Adjustment?
The Gonstead chiropractic method is strategic, specific, and targeted to specific areas of the spine that are out of alignment. There’s always a spot or few that aren’t aligned. As a Gonstead practitioner, I don’t do general spinal manipulations, especially in the cervical spine. That’s like throwing a bunch of puzzle pieces in a box, shaking it up, and throwing the parts on the table, hoping they’ll land in the right place.
The Gonstead way is non-invasive, safe, and proven effective for a significant number of conditions. A cervical adjustment may be where most of the focus will be, but Gonstead treatment targets all areas of misalignment. We find them by using a few simple tools:
- Full-spine X-rays are taken to help understand your body’s biomechanics. Not just if we suspect a fracture, tear, or another type major injury.
- Palpation of the spine both while still and in movement allows me to pinpoint areas of misalignment.
- A nervoscope is a dual-probe device that takes the temperature in the spine to identify areas of inflammation.
- Visualization starts when you walk into the office. We pay attention to the set of your shoulders and hips, the height difference between the ears, as well as your posture and gait.
- Symptomatology is all about understanding your total body health. I can apply the most effective Gonstead chiropractic techniques to specific areas when I know all your symptoms.
10 Reasons for a Cervical Adjustment
A lot can go wrong when the neck’s out of alignment. The cervical spine is made up of seven vertebrae. These bones help make up the backbone, which allows you to move and feel everything from the neck down. Fluids, hormones, chemicals, and messages need to travel freely through these bones, or various things could go wrong.
Here are 10 reasons to get a cervical adjustment from a Gonstead chiropractor:
- You frequently suffer from a stiff neck, making it difficult to move your head side to side or up and down.
- You experience regular headaches (4 or more per month).
- There is frequent swelling or inflammation in your arms, hands, legs, or feet.
- You have high blood pressure, much of which is due to stress or constant neck pain and discomfort.
- You have regular episodes of unexplained numbness and tingling in the extremities.
- You feel like you’re running on fumes and tired all the time. The cervical misalignment may be disrupting your sleep quality.
- You’ve been in an accident or suffered a major injury at some point in your life. You’d be surprised at how many issues can show up years or even decades after a traumatic injury.
- You regularly experience dizziness or balance problems, which puts you at high risk while driving or operating machinery.
- You have a diagnosis of osteoarthritis that is not well-treated on medications, or you’re looking for a non-pharmaceutical approach to joint pain.
- Everyday wear-and-tear is one of the biggest problems in the spine. We all get out of alignment, so even if you’re otherwise healthy, an adjustment from your friendly neighborhood Gonstead chiropractor may be what you’re missing.
If you’re in or around Norwalk and you’re looking for a safe and non-invasive way to reduce pain, improve performance, or just feel like yourself again, treatment from a skilled Gonstead doctor may be just what you need. Visit Slovin Chiropractic Center to experience the Gonstead difference yourself!