6 Ways to Treat and Prevent Hormonal Migraines
Today we are talking hormonal migraines.
How to Prevent Hormonal Migraines
Many women have found success with starting a menstrual diary, recording when the migraine appeared during the last three cycles.
Once you have a better understanding of when the migraine appears during your menstrual cycle, the better prepared you will be to treat it. You’d be amazed on what you can figure out just by regular, diligent tracking.
It also helps to make note of any other symptoms you have along with the migraine, such as aura or visual disturbances.
Treating Hormonal Migraines Naturally
Just as every migraine is different, so is every person. There are many different solutions out there, so give a couple a try and move onto the next if you aren’t finding relief; however, give regimens time to work. Often, it can take several weeks to start seeing results using natural measures.
Six of the most effective ways to treat hormonal migraines include:
● Supplements – One of the most common causes of hormonal migraines is a nutrient deficiency. Taking supplements like Vitamin D, B6, B12, B1 and magnesium can help regulate nerve and muscle function, as well as blood sugar levels.
● Lifestyle – Food and sleep are both common migraine triggers. Making sure you get enough sleep and are maintaining a balanced diet may help regulate common hormonal changes.
● Diet – Many women have found that they can treat their migraines by making significant changes to their diet, such as cutting out gluten and dairy as well as reducing sugar intake. Keto and Intermittent fasting are good options to help you
● Stress reduction – Stress is often the culprit of migraines, which is why adopting a stress-reduced lifestyle can be of benefit. Also included here is eye strain. Use the blue-light filter on your phone and home/work computers to alleviate the stress on your eyes.
● Hydration – Staying hydrated, especially during your menstrual cycle, can go a long way in treating these types of migraines. Proper hydration also helps you poop. The better pooper you are the better you can regulate the extra estrogen in your system, which is a large reason for migraines during and around your cycle.
● Acupuncture/Chiropractic – Acupuncture, chiropractic and other alternative therapies have also proven to be effective in treating active migraines and preventing future attacks.
If you are suffering from hormonal migraines and would like to learn more about how to treat and prevent them, call us. We’d be happy to help you find a way to a better life.